Thursday, July 24, 2008

Marko? Want to know more...?

Aehh...

It took some time but here I am. Introducing myself to anyone who have taken some time to read MC and NST of AIESEC Estonia blog.

I`m Marko, a 23years old simple boy from Õismäe - brother, son, boyfriend, AIESEC members, Pärnu college alumni, former Estonian youth track-and-field 300m race Championship silver medalist, beach-volley fan.

I`m the one who likes to
...watch a lot of sports,
...still do some sport myself,
...bake,
...drink cold beer,
...travel,
...spend quality time with my friends,
...watch "Life Is Beautiful" and "Pulp Fiction" and "4 Rooms" movies,
...listen to Metallica, U2, Dagö, The Beatles, Genialistid, The Rolling Stones, Queen and Freddie Mercury, Jääboiler, Mr.Lawrence, Tõnis Mägi, Mild and others,
...walk in Kadrioru park or in the beach and
...to do some more things which I cannot remember at the moment...

One day I also though about my dream exchange destination. If I want to have quality professional experience which would benefit to my businessman career in Estonia - then Europe it is. Don`t ask me why but I feel that I like Iceland and The Netherlands. If I want to have more cultural experience then it should be somewhere to Asia direction. Somehow I feel that South-America and Australia are just for traveling, Northern-America is not for me and in (black) Africa I have already been for some weeks which was enough.

To talk about AIESEC then I`m one of those who joined AIESEC quite randomly. There was info-evening in Pärnu college in September 2004 and our CEEDer, Ana from Romania, from this time just took my hand and took me there. And that is how it all started - without any long-term perspective in the beginning I started to participate different AIESEC events and that seemed fun. As AIESEC Pärnu had very few members during that time I had always enough challenging things to do during my first months in the organization - seems that I liked it. One thing led to another and now I`m sitting in the cool MC office in the middle point of Tallinn and writing the posting as an MC VP ER. I`m happy about it!

To describe a bit my first year in AIESEC you can see the photos from that time below:

Small AIESEC Pärnu family in Annual Conference 2005 Official Dinner. From the left me, Helena (current MCP of AIESEC Findland), Priit and Liisa. I had just got my first award in AIESEC - "The New Member Excellence Award".


Photo from the same Annual Conference. Why I uploaded this one - I am not 100% sure but it might be that you can recognize 2 of my current team mates from the photo.

I just arrived back to Estonia from my first international AIESEC conference - EuroLDS 2005 in Turkey. Together with me there were Martin, Juhan, Margit and Antti.

They had just elected me (on the left) first time as the LCP of AIESEC Pärnu. It was April 2005. After me and Herdis it was Viljo`s turn to get elected and wet. I remember this night as the longest and one of the wildest party in AIESEC for some of those who got elected/confidence...

For a conclusion: What I like in AIESEC is that it connects ambitious people with whom I have a lot interesting to talk about. I like that all of its members want to give at least a bit to the well-being of the society. AIESEC = probably the best student organization in the world!

Until next postings.

Don`t overwork and do sports.

Enjoy and behave.

Marko

No comments: